NicaBell Said "CLICK it!"

Tuesday 20 December 2011

NicaBell Review: Maybelline New York Clear Smooth AQUA Gel Foundation



I have been using the Maybelline New York - Clear Smooth AQUA Gel Foundation since my teen days and it is my first foundation I have ever use.

This is what it says on the back of the tube:-

  • Water-based formula gives skin a light and fresh sensation. 
  • Control shine for an all day perfect and healthy-looking complexion
  • Even out skin tone and covers imperfection 
  • Feels soothing and cares for your skin with chamomile, aloe and Vitamin E 
100% Oil free * Dermatologist tested * Allergy tested
* Fragrance free * Hypoallergenic * Won't clog pores 

INGREDIENTS:  AQUA/WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, KAOLIN, POLYACRYLAMIDE, SILICA, PHENOXYTHANOL, C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES, C13-14 ISOPARAFIN, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, LAURETH-7, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SODIUM C8-16 ISOALKYSUCCINYL ACETATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SODIUM C8-16 ISOALKYLSUCCINYL WHEAT PROTEIN SULFONATE, DIMETHICONOL ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA/ MATRICARIA EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS/ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, MAY CONTAIN [+/- CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77492, CI 77491/IRON OXIDE, MICA, CI 42090/BLUE 1], [F.I.L 8359/1] 

Okay, I know that toooooo much of chemical in this tube of foundation. It has Paraben and Paraffin, but I am reviewing the result that I get here. The choice is still yours to use it or not. 

I used it many times and still have a tube of this in my hand which I bought last year. 

Nicabell LOVE this because:- 
  • It last all day in the office. 5-6 days outdoor (depends on the humidity)
  • Didn't result any breakouts on my face. 
  • Glides easily on my skin.
  • The fact that it doesn't have any smell at all.
  • Light to medium coverage. I double it/ dab it on the area that I need extra coverage as a concealer. 
  • Build-able. Apply a (very) thin layer first, and then blend with damp sponge. Then repeat the steps not more than 3 times. Won't get cakey and it will make the coverage seems heavier but not too overwhelming.
  • The formula feels thick on the touch but actually light weight. I didn't feel anything while wearing this.
  • Cheap!! 
The downsides that NicaBell found are:- 
  • If you experienced using gel eyeliner before, you might understand how gel formula products dried fast. So you might want to do the application faster than when you are using regular liquid foundation. 
  • I recommends you to wear a primer before hand because the foundation would set on fine lines. I am 23 and I have some very very very soft lines under my eyes and it became like wrinkles when I use the foundation without primer. 
If I were asked how many stars I would put to this product, I would put 4 out of 5 stars. Mainly because it is cheap, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic.
Small nozzle to help you to control the amount of the product that you need. 

A closer look of the product. I have applied some on my skin before as well.

So that concludes my review. Feel free to comment, Like, +1, Share this review. I will be very appreciated it. 

xoxo
NicaBell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting my blog peeps! Please leave a comment or two before you go.
I'd like to know what you think about my post and how I can improve my blog.

Be sure to follow me in:-
Twitter - @iamnicabell
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamNicaBell/123402514472340

cursors change code Elegant Rose - Double Heart