NicaBell Said "CLICK it!"

Thursday 31 May 2012

May 2012: NicaBell's Guardian Haul

Happy Harvest Festival peeps!

I was born, raised and practically lived my whole life here in Kota Kinabalu, the capital city for Sabah State, somewhere in the Northern portion of the Borneo Island. Sabah is one of the 13 states that we have in Malaysia. Sabah may be the second poorest state in Malaysia, but our proud mother earth blessed our state with richness of flora and fauna, the beautiful diving spots, mighty Mt. Kinabalu of the Crocker range, our many many oil & gas supplies and of course, the beautiful sumandak (lady/ladies). But of all those I have mention above, I am most proud of the cultures that we have here in Sabah. There are a LOT of races in Sabah, but we stayed and still staying united as one.

The month of May is the the Sabahfest month. We are celebrating the harvest festival the whole month and have the peak of the celebration on 30th and 31st of May. There will be a lot traditional games like the tug of war, arm wrestling, sugandoi (singing competition), and the most anticipated heavily criticized but loved much is the Unduk Ngadau (beauty contest). There will be a LOT of alcohol drinking, tribal dancing, crazy singing, and chicks viewing. It's a traditional Sabahan celebration. But please take note, though we have some killer alcoholic drinks, some of us does not handles alcohol very well. LOL!

Okay enough of the Sabahfest talk!

I went to the 1 Borneo mall on the Thursday with my colleague for lunch and gone for small shopping. I went to the Guardian store (they are on promo anyway) to get my personal beauty supplies. Just a small haul, so here we goes.

L'Oreal Paris Smooth-Intense Caring Conditioner 200ml (RM 10.88)

This is my favorite hair conditioner so far. I have use the one from Tresemme, Sunsilk, Rejoice, Pantene and so on. But none (at least for me), can surpass the result I get from this one from L'Oreal.

I have some natural kinks in my hair and this conditioner helps to calm down those frizz.

The texture of the product is light and runny on my palms. But does the jobs well done!






Himalaya Herbal Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 200 ml (RM 11.81)

I can't believe I purchase this  product. I am not a big fan of Himalaya brand mainly because I don't like the smell. I've known this brand since 2006, when I was working in a drugstore like store. I thought it was like those blah Indian brand. And I was quite surprise knowing this product is popular though. 

I have used some of anti-dandruff and now I am trying this one. I've tried it once after the purchase and I must say, I'm not liking. The smell, which I assume is the Tea Tree Oil is horrendous. Don't get me wrong, I do understand the benefits of TTO, but I just cannot tolerant the strong smell on this shampoo. The product is also runny. But one thing I like about it is that it didn't lather much. Most of you might not like that but I actually do. 

Most anti-dandruff shampoo will dry out your mane. So if the shampoo lather less, it will lessen the drying effect on your hair.

Hada Labo Tamagohada AHA+BHA Face Wash/Cleanser 50g
(RM 16.11)

Behold the best drugstore gentle scrub we have in the market. 

I love my St Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control but I cannot use it everyday. I use it at least twice or once a month. The apricot scrub is too harsh. 

This AHA+BHA chemical scrub is gentle enough to be used twice a day. It cleans deep enough you cleanse those dead flaky skin. 







Simple Skincare CLEAR SKIN Oil balancing Moisturiser 75g (RM 17.68)

I've been using the travel sized, Simple Skincare KIND TO SKIN 3-steps regime. I love them but I always short of the moisturizer because I like (not love) using it.  

So when I saw this moisturizer from its Clear Skin Oil Balancing range, I have to have it. My face is combination type. Dry on the forehead, temples and jaw but oily around the chin, nose and the apple of my cheeks. 






So that's it my Guardian haul for this month. 

I am waiting for my online purchase currently. I got some items from SSS spree and some dieting coffee. I think they'll be arriving next week or after the harvest festival. So please stay tune to my next haul next month! 

xoxo

NicaBell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting my blog peeps! Please leave a comment or two before you go.
I'd like to know what you think about my post and how I can improve my blog.

Be sure to follow me in:-
Twitter - @iamnicabell
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamNicaBell/123402514472340

cursors change code Elegant Rose - Double Heart