NicaBell Said "CLICK it!"

Wednesday 29 August 2012

NicaBell Review: Ginvera Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel

Hey babes!

I am recently been addicted to 2 songs. One is a great mashup of both "Call Me Maybe" & "Payphone" made by KurtHugoSchneider, sung by Jessica Jarrell & James Alan featuring Jake Broido (doing the drumming, guitar, & picking/hanging up payphone behind the two singers)
Urgh! Who am I kidding! Okay the real reason I love the song is because of James Alan. There, I confessed! I have a thing toward men with stubble like he has. I find it sexy. But I don't like boyfie to have any facial hair because he doesn't have the face for one.  Hey-hey! I do really enjoy the song actually.


Another song that I've been replaying over and over again is the Gangnam Style by PSY. I don't usually listen to Kpop or shuffle dance kinda tune, but this one is insanely catchy and the MV is hilarious! The horse-riding dance is funny to watch. I heard the song from Hitz.fm at first and try googling it then the rest is just history. I specially love the boy with red trousers. He is just ADORABLE!! The singer, PSY, no matter what his dance moves are, he looks like a perverted big belly man. I can't help but laugh the whole MV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well back to the topic, here is my review on the ever so popular Ginvera Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel.



Brand: Ginvera
Made in: Malaysia
Range: Green Tea
Skincare Type: Mild face exfoliator/scrub, Blackheads remover
Product contains/weight: 60ml
Main promoted/key/active ingredients: Soybean extract for effective whitening
Claims: Zero blackheads in 1 step. 10 benefits of MARVEL GEL:-
  1. Rubs away deep layers of dead skin gel.
  2. Rubs away blackheads painlessly
  3. Contracts pores for refined skin (As dead skin cells have been cleared from pores)
  4. Lighten black spots, freckles & scars.
  5. Removes oil seeds
  6. Regulates sebum secretion to prevent pimples.
  7. Brighten dull complexion
  8. Changes dark, rough skin to smooth skin.
  9. Whiten skin as it gives way to newborn skin.
  10. Enhances quick absorption of skin care product


What it says on the box: Dead skin is the main culprit of all skin problems. Removing dead skin is the first step towards beauty.

Our skin produces new skin cells to replace aging & dead skin cells everyday. If they are up on the surface of the skin and lead to clogged pores, resulting in all kinds of skin problems.

Ginvera Green Tea Whitening MARVEL GEL reaches dep into the cornified layer of the skin to remove dead skin cells that clog pores, cause and support blackheads, thus eliminating and preventing formation of blackheads which can lead to pimples. It also improves the absorption of skincare products and regulates oil secretion to prevent pimples. 
The removal of dead skin cells will stimulate the growth of new cells thus unveiling the natural fairness and radiance of skin within.

Ingredients: DEIONISED WATER, CYCLOMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, CARBOMER, GREEN TEA (CAMELIA SINENSIS) LEAF EXTRACT, GINSENG (PANAX GINSENG) EXTRACT, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, ANGELICA ARCHANGELICA EXTRACT, OLDENLANDIA DIFFUSA EXTRACT,  VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS (BILBERRY) EXTRACT, SACCHARUM (SUGAR CANE) EXTRACT, ACER SACCHARUM (SUGAR MAPLE) EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONIUM (LEMON) EXTRACT, POMELO (CITRUS GRANDIS) EXTRACT, ROYAL JELLY POWDER, NATTO GUM, FRUCUS TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, AMPELOPSIS JAPONICA EXTRACT, PERILLA FRUTESCENS EXTRACT, ALOE VERA (ALOE BARBADENSIS) LEAF EXTRACT, MENTHOL, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, FRAGRANCE, CI 19140, CI 42100

Pricing: RM 37/38 something like that. Can't remember already.

Application: Thick green gel texture and turn liquidy when contact and rub onto skin. As you rub and rub, the liquid turns to eraser's dirt like thingy. The dirt look greyish dark if you never properly do exfoliation - eww~ 

It is a mild non-gain scrub because it rubs away dead skin cells and did made skincare absorption faster. I wonder if it contains AHAs properties because the result after using marvel gel is almost like, but not as effective, result after using AHAs cleansers. 

It didn't sting, no pimples formed after use, no irritation and no redness (unless if you rub it too rough). Skin does look brighter, healthier, feel smother but blackheads does not totally diminish as claimed. The blackhead are not as dark as before but the actual blackhead's seeds are not gone. They just seem lighter. After using 2 tubes, acne scars did not completely gone but did seem lighter - would not really notice the difference unless you took a picture of yourself to compare in the future. 


Take a pea size and apply 5 dots on the face. Spread on the face with gentle messaging circular motion until eraser's dirt-like formed and face completely dry off the product. Then rinse the face with water to wash away the excess product. You rinse with water and proceeds with your skincare routine or wash with a gentle face wash before toner & moisturiser. Use gentle face wash as you don't want to over dry your skin. 

I have been asked by my mom if the marvel gel can wipe off makeup and here is my experiment:


1. 2. 3. 

4.  5.

1. I put on a base primer, foundation, some non water proof eye product and lipstick.
2. The gel turn liquid on application. 
3. Some dirt formed slowly as I kept messaging.
4. Completely dry and some dry dirt. You can see (or not) there are foundation left on my skin.
5. I cleaned the surface with a cotton pad with cleansing toner and found the foundation left on the cotton pad.
VERDICT: Nope. Definitely won't completely wipe of your makeup. So remove your makeup before using the marvel gel.

I love that:- 
~ It's easy to use
~ Didn't cause breakout
~ Gentle for everyday use
~ Made in Malaysia so easy to find.
~ Use a lot of plant/fruit extract instead of depending solely on chemicals.
~ Green tea! Oh-so-loving antioxidant now.
~ The smell is unpleasant but it is faint. 

I dislike that:- 
~ Does not completely clear blackheads as promised.
IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA ya'll!

6-7mm nozzle


Will I purchase it again? Since I have found my ultimate Gentle face exfoliator - Hada Labo Tamagohada AHA+BHA face cleanser, I haven't repurchase the marvel gel. But who knows, I might repurchase it in the future just for the fun of it.

I'll give this product 3.5 out of 5 stars. Easy to use, mild, not irritating and an innovative product. 

Till then.

xoxo

NicaBell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting my blog peeps! Please leave a comment or two before you go.
I'd like to know what you think about my post and how I can improve my blog.

Be sure to follow me in:-
Twitter - @iamnicabell
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamNicaBell/123402514472340

cursors change code Elegant Rose - Double Heart