NicaBell Said "CLICK it!"

Sunday 19 August 2012

NicaBell Review: ELF Studio 11 Piece Brush Collection

Hello you!

I would like to wish Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin to all Muslims. I am unable to go out for Hari Raya to my friends and relatives house today because my cough is killing me!

So I bought my ELF Studio 11 Piece Brush Collection from Syiok Sendiri Sisters (Oh! Bless them!) as I have been wanting to have a complete set of makeup brush. I did own some brushes from TBS but not the whole range. And I previously use finger in makeup application.




Brand: ELF (Eyes.Lips.Face)
Made in: China (I think. Thus the cheap price tag.)
Range: Studio line.
Skincare Type: Makeup tools/brushes
Claims: (Taken from their website)Our ultra-luxe Studio Brush Collection contains 11 of our Professional Makeup Brushes, each one designed, tested and proven by a team of makeup artist pros to provide precision application every time. One of our most popular Makeup Brush Collection Sets, the Studio 11-piece Brushes are ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in your hand - with everything you need to create a flawless finish! 

This Professional Brush Set is ideal for any makeup artist at heart, at home or on the go. Perfect for traveling or for your busy, fast-paced lifestyle. You’ll love how you can quickly grab and store any of the 11 Studio Brushes included without taking up a lot of space. 

Our customers rave about what a time-saver these easy-to-use, easy-to-hold, and easy-to-love brushes are - whether going out for a night or going away for a week! And the Studio 11 Piece Brush Collection features a sleek, water-resistant case that holds and protects the full collection of beautiful, high-quality brushes. Talk about a great gift!  

What it says on the box: The ultra luxe makeup brush case is ideal for any makeup artist at heart! Perfect for on the go convenience so you can just grab and store without taking up a lot of space.

The sleek case is water resistant and holds a full collection of brushes for key protection and quick use.

Ingredients: Anti-bacterial synthetic hair taklon brushes; 

Pricing: SSS opened the pre-order spree for RM95. Pretty cheap for 11 piece of good brushes I tell you.

Texture: The hair is soft. The bristles that suppose to be soft is comfortably soft; the firm ones are nicely firm. 

Application: Let me explain each brushes for better understanding. 

ELF Studio - Complexion Brush
Love
No Love
~ I blame this brush because I do not reach to my TBS Face&Body Brush anymore. This one is soft but a bit firmer than the TBS.
~ If you are one of the peeps that pat your powder with your brush, this brushes is a bit pokey. Ouch! Itchy..

ELF Studio - Fan Brush 
This is one of the brushes existed that I don't know what to do with. A friend said it can be used for blusher, but there is a blush brush in this collection. To remove eye shadow fallouts on the cheek, okay perhaps. Bronzer, err... to thin for that? If you know what does this brush use as, please do tell me.


ELF Studio - Concealer Brush
Love
No Love
~ Firm.
~ Good for cream and liquid concealer & eye shadow. Not so much for any powder product.
~ I found no fault in this brush.

ELF Studio - Angled Foundation Brush

Love
No Love
~ Soft
~ Nice work for liquid foundation but haven’t try on cream yet.
~ The angled built is good for applying angled and small area like the side of the nose
~ None that I found.
ELF Studio - Powder Brush

Love
No Love
~ Firm and soft
~ Good for stippling, buffing, shading and blending the foundation onto the skin.
~ Not pokey.
~ Just the name. Someone at ELF should change the name from Powder Brush to Kabuki brush.
ELF Studio - Blush Brush
Love
No Love
~ Soft.
~ Good for cream and powder blusher.
~ Smaller than any blusher I have seen but works well enough.
~ None that I found.

ELF Studio - Smudge Brush
Love
No Love
~ Small & firm
~ Good for applying cream, gel and powder product.
~ Smudging eyeliner is effortless.
~ Small tip able to reach smaller area like inner corner of the eyes.
~ None that I found.
ELF Studio - Eyeshadow C Brush
Love
No Love
~ Good for all wet and dry product.
~ The bristle is big so good for applying eye shadow.
~ None that I found.
ELF Studio - Contour Brush
Love
No Love
~ Soft
~ Contouring job is great.
~ only tried on dry product but works great.
~ If you push the bristles to a side, you can see the inner part of the feral. Seems like some cheap brush.

ELF Studio - Angled Brush
Love
No Love
~ Soft & firm.
~ Good with both wet & dry product.
~ I have two of this brush so yay! On can be use for eyeliner and the other one for brows!
~ I have two that means I do not own the precision brush. Boo-hoooo!

ELF Studio - Brush Case
Water resistant and look quite nice. All black so no worries of dirt to show.
Overall, I am satisfied with the brushes. I give it 4.9 out of 5. lack of 0.1 point just because I do not own the precision brush. I really want to know what that do^^

Till next time.

xoxo

NicaBell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting my blog peeps! Please leave a comment or two before you go.
I'd like to know what you think about my post and how I can improve my blog.

Be sure to follow me in:-
Twitter - @iamnicabell
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamNicaBell/123402514472340

cursors change code Elegant Rose - Double Heart