NicaBell Said "CLICK it!"

Wednesday 15 August 2012

NicaBell Got It FOC: Nutrigen LiteYo Yogurt Drink (Review)

Disclaimer: I did not buy this drink. And this is not an ad post. I got them for free. But I do not get any sponsors from Nutrigen or any kind of company/manufacturers/dealers that have any associates with the brand to write this post. My friend who work in a wholesale store bring this to me because she can't finish it alone. Her workplace were about to dispose them because the expiry date is just around the corner (EXP 27Aug2012). And she got permission to take them home from her workplace. This post is to share my experience while consuming the product and how satisfy I am with the result. Please also note that my friend doesn't even know that I blog.

Chirp! Chirp!

Hello chirpies!

So last week I post out a review on the Malaysian brand slimming drink, Passion Slinn (formerly Passion Slim), and said how my weight drop only after a visit to the toilet for 'number two'. I have this complication visiting toilet for 'number two' since I am a toddler. My parents always been worried that part and thank God I never need to remove my body waste through surgery. I have a cousin who is not so fortunate like I am. She needed to do several surgeries to remove body waste in her younger days. She is fine now, but still have the complication like I have now. 

I had been given laxatives in my toddler day and I hate them. They made my stomach felt uncomfortable and I had to stay in the toilet for excruciatingly long times. I do not afraid to pop medicine but I do hate laxatives. They honestly are my mortal enemy through and through. 

My cousin can overcome the complication with eating fruits which I, on the other hand, kind of 'immune' from it. I have to reach for Live Cultures Drinks like Vitagen or yogurt, yogurt ice-cream and yogurt drinks. The thing I am concern most about these kind of product is sugar level and fat as well as price. So I rarely have the chance to buy and drink them. I only desperate to buy them every time I got stomach ache because unable to do 'number two'. 

So around my last few sachet on my second box of Passion Slinn, I found a lot of LiteYo yogurt drink in the fridge and my mouth instantly water. Yogurt drink served best when cold, icy cold is better! I took one, despite not knowing who bought it, open it and shove the drink down my throat. The humid weather outside makes the drink tastier. I drank the whole 750ml in a matter of minutes. And that was my lunch on the day. Later in the evening, night actually, I have to go to the toilet several time for 'number two' and when on the next day. I believed I was overdosed from the drink, if there is any term for drinking too much of yogurt drink. I also thought 'oh! this is what happens if you consumed foods/drinks that is not yours, without the owners knowledge. LMAO!

Only 3 days, two carton of the drink shrink to this amount.
No I didn't drink them alone to get to this number.
My weight drop instantly from 70kg to 68kg, two days after the day I drink LiteYo yogurt drink. Who knew body waste can be so heavy!? I told the good news to my mom and then ask who bought the drink. That is when I knew it was from my friend whom brought it for my family. So much of being guilty for stealing. LoL!

Brand: Nutrigen (owned by Mamee Double-Decker Berhad)
Made in: Malaysia? I'm sure either. I did google Mamee Double-Decker Berhad is founded by a Malaysian.
Product Type: Yogurt drink (Very much like Nestle's Bliss)
Product Volume: 750ml
Main promoted/key/active ingredients: Live Culture (Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. Bulgaricus, streptococcus thermophilus), Collagen and milk
Claims: For healthy stomach and colon.

What it says on the Bottle: 0% fat. Contains collagen & active Live Cultures

Ingredients: 
Mixed Berries:-
Water, sucrose, milk solids, mixed berries juice (blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, red grape, white grape, mulberry), collagen (from fish), acidity regular (Citric Acid E330), Live Culture (Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. Bulgaricus, streptococcus thermophilus), stabilizer (E440), Mixed Berries flavor and color (E124, E133). This product contains milk and fish.

Mango&Peach:-
Water, sucrose, milk solids, mango puree, peach puree, collagen (from fish), acidity regular (Citric Acid E330), Live Culture (Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. Bulgaricus, streptococcus thermophilus), stabilizer (E440), Peach and mango flavor and color (E110), This product contains milk and fish.

Pricing: Since I got it free from a friend. I don't know the price. I'll certainly will look for it when I go to the market.

Texture: Thick but runny. Yogurt is thick and semi solid. The drink is like yogurt with 30%-40% more water/milk.
My friend brings 2 flavors for us. Mango&Peach and Mixed Berries.
My friend told me that they do wonders for weight loss and detox.
That is why the bottle shaped as such.

Mango&Peach.
I don't hate it. But I don't love it either. Mango is just not my thing.
Smell like peach and taste like mango on the tongue. 

Mixed Berries
I love this one. Honestly, I love anything with berries.
Contains blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, red grape, white grape, mulberry.

I love that:-
~ Taste like real fruit juice
~ Certainly good for stomach and colon.
~ Help me drop 2kg of waste.
~ Drink this and you don't need solid food for lunch.
~ No sour taste. Ask boyfie cause he love it too. He hate any food with yogurt in them.
~ Sexy looking packaging^^

I dislike that:-
~ Too sweet for my liking. But at least it's not as sweet as Nestle's Bliss.
~ Coloring and flavor is unnecessary. But it won't appeal to the consumer without 'em, right?
~ Not so easy to find at the supermarket.

Will I purchase it? Since this one is give FOC to my household, I certain going to purchase it. However, I did when out to look for it at Giant hypermarket, but found none. They only sold Nutrigen Culture Drink. The one that put together with Vitagens & Yakult.

I'll give this product 4.5 out of 5 stars. Why not eh? They have my favorite combination of berries, love the packaging, definitely brings a well done job for my complication.

The glass that I was using in this post is a Heineken's beer glass.
Please don't ask me where I get this little cutey cause I don't even know how we have one in the cupboard.
I admit that I drink alcohol but I am an occasional drink. Almost rarely, in fact.
Girl have to watch her weight, health and beauty.
Alcohol won't help that^_^


Till next time.

UPDATE 19 August 2012: I have just aware that I did not include the Nutrition Facts so here the update:-

NUTRITION FACTS: Mango & Peach
Serving Size: 230g
Serving Per Bottle: 3.3

Per Serving (230g)
Per 100g
Energy
94 kcal (393 kJ)
41 kcal (171 kJ)
Total Fat
2.3 g
1.0 g
-    Monosaturated Fatty Acid
0 g
0 g
-    Poly-unsaturated Fatty Acid
0 g
0 g
-    Saturated Fatty Acid
0 g
0 g
-    Trans Fatty Acid
0 g
0 g
Cholesterol
0 mg
0 mg
Carbohydrate
21.4 g
9.3 g
-    Total Sugars
13.8 g
6.0 g
Sodium
25 mg
11 mg


NUTRITION FACTS: Mixed Berries
Serving Size: 230g
Serving Per Bottle: 3.3

Per Serving (230g)
Per 100g
Energy
127 kcal (531 kJ)
55 kcal (230 kJ)
Total Fat
3.7 g
1.6 g
-    Monosaturated Fatty Acid
0 g
0 g
-    Poly-unsaturated Fatty Acid
0 g
0 g
-    Saturated Fatty Acid
0 g
0 g
-    Trans Fatty Acid
0 g
0 g
Cholesterol
0 mg
0 mg
Carbohydrate
28.1 g
12.2 g
-    Total Sugars
21.6 g
9.4 g
Sodium
9 mg
4 mg


And here is a list of recommended daily sugar intake for women, men and children.

Adult women: 5 teaspoon (20 g)
Adult men: 9 teaspoon (36 g)
Children: 3 teaspoon (12 g)

So some may say 'oh! your favourite mix berries flavor exceed adult women daily sugar intake!' Well, I don't drink LiteYo daily and to be honest, I rarely eat or drink sweet stuff. Even when I was 85kg. And be reminded that consume no sugar at all for a day is bad. Our body need that 20 grams of sugar for energy. So when you felt that trembling/shivering going on, which I often gets, but you didn't feel hungry/cold/no fever/scared and feel a bit tired, take a glass of Glucolin glucose. My doctor said that the trembling/shivering sensation is because the body have low sugar intake. Drink something sweet, but not too sweet will cure the symptom.

p/s: when I was younger, my mom would make me a glass of Glucolin Glucose - Original when I have slight fever. "untuk buang panas" she said. Apparently, it does work to get rid of the fever.

xoxo

NicaBell

4 comments:

  1. Hey NB, what about getting plain yogurt (yang tiada sugar dan perisa) and then eat it with banana. So you can eat it all the time and not have to worry about artifivial flavours and empty fats/sugar.

    2kg in 2 days is INSANE! Butul bah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! I never try plain yogurt but sure I'll try it some day, thanks! And I'm sure going to eat it with any fruits other than banana just cause I don't like it. I don't know why la kan, banana bikin process pembuangan saya lebih susah pula >.<

      yup! 2kg in 2 days. But one of the reason pun because I haven't went to do 'number two' for few weeks prior to the drink. Thus the 2kg.. ahahahahahha!

      Delete
    2. oh! you don't like banana? well my mum eats plain yogurt with dragon fruit and a teaspoon of honey (yum yum)

      Delete
    3. that sounds delightful! Would absolutely taste marvellous as well! sure going to try that! mesti sedap tu.

      Delete

Thanks for supporting my blog peeps! Please leave a comment or two before you go.
I'd like to know what you think about my post and how I can improve my blog.

Be sure to follow me in:-
Twitter - @iamnicabell
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamNicaBell/123402514472340

cursors change code Elegant Rose - Double Heart