NicaBell Said "CLICK it!"

Friday 24 August 2012

NicaBell Review: Safi Balqis Perfect 10 Hand & Body Lotion

Hey peeps!

I was invited by a friend who work in the same building with me to a Zumba session that she is going to organize but still searching for a venue. I thought she was joking at first and I laugh. She laugh as well while saying: "did you think I was joking? I am serious! You can't rely solely on the diet drink. Exercise is a great detox activity as well. With the drink and Zumba, I'll guarantee you'll get slim within two months. That is if you are active." She actually introduce me to another slimming drink which I don't know how to refuse, because she is a Manager in another department. Saying no to a higher-up, just even thinking about it, scares me. Hah! We became familiar to each other was just because her younger brother married my maternal first cousin. - So I am know still thinking should or should I not go when she is done with the whole organization. Zumba fitness does helped a lot of girls and women to keep fit and it became a phenomenon here in KK. I just need to arrange my time and transport for the session.

Moving on, here is the hand and body lotion that was introduced by my colleague.



Brand: Safi Balqis
Made in: Malaysia
Range: Perfect 10
Skincare Type: Hand and body lotion/ UV sun protection lotion/ moisturizer lotion/ perfume lotion
Product contains/weight: 150 ml
Main promoted/key/active ingredients: BioWhite, Vitamin C, Vitamin B3
Claims: (Taken from Safi Balqis website) Skin needs proper nutrition and protection to stay healthy and smooth. SAFI BALQIS Perfect 10 Day Hand and Body Lotion helps nourish, soften and protect your skin effectively. 

(Also taken from Safi Balgis website)Perfect 10 action: 
  1. Lightens pigmentation 
  2. Evens out skin tone 
  3. Protects from UV rays 
  4. Lightens skin 
  5. Protects from free radicals 
  6. Increases skin’s elasticity 
  7. Hydrates skin 
  8. Retains moisture 
  9. Smoothens skin 
  10. Softens skin

What it says on the bottle: SAFI BALQIS Perfect 10 Hand & Body Lotion provides nutrients that help moisturise your skin, while keeping it fair and radiant. Its combination of BioWhite, Vitamin C and Vitamin B3 helps reduce the effects of melanin while its UV protection helps protect skin from harmful UV rays.

(Front): Formulasi BioWhite & Pelindung UV
             LOSYEN TANGAN & BADAN SIANG
             Day Hand & Body Lotion
             Selamat dan Suci

Ingredients: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ceteareth-20, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone, Cetanol, Polyacrylamide, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Niacinamide, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ubiquinone, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Pricing: RM 5.30

Application: One thing I must pin point is the sweet and fresh floral scent it have. Some might think the scent is too/extremely overwhelming, but to my surprise, I love it! If I message it on my hands before stepping into the elevator at work, people who are in the elevator usually compliment the smell and ask what perfume did I use. 

The texture is light, runny liquid and is in white color. It is not moisturizing enough in my opinion. But I use this lotion for it great smells, not for moisturizing purpose. I am not sure if used not under air-conditioned room though.
Light, white, runny & liquid lotion

It is not sticky even if you use a lot and easily absord. Been using it for more than 2 months but don't see any difference on the skin of my hand. 
Quite a huge hole on its nozzle. 5mm. A bit hard to control  the volume you need.

I love that:- 
~ Light. 
~ Not sticky
~ Extremely affordable. 
~ Since it's made in Malaysia, the lotion can easily be found.
~ Since it's a Halal product, users can be sure to feel safe that it doesn't contain alcohol.
~ UV protection! Holler!!!
~ The smell is heavenly

I dislike that:- 
~ Not moisturize enough. 
~ No smaller travel size bottle. 
~ Paraben properties. Family jewel carriers, BEWARE!
~ If you read the Ingredient list properly, you'll see Imidazolidinyl Urea somewhere there. I have just Googled it before writing this review, Imidazolidinyl Urea is not urine but cheaper kind of products' preservatives, also known as a formaldehyde releaser. A chemical compound that slowly releases formaldehyde preservatives. And formaldehyde my dearies, can cause cancer. Check, google, research for more information. I think I need to check all of my product if they contain this as well.

Will I purchase it again? Not sure though. I know it contains hazardous ingredients but it's cheap and it smell great! So should I or Should I not? hmmm.....

I'll give this product 2.5 out of 5 stars. I love it but at the same time, I am concern of it for my health.

Till next time. Buh bye^^ 

xoxo

NicaBell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting my blog peeps! Please leave a comment or two before you go.
I'd like to know what you think about my post and how I can improve my blog.

Be sure to follow me in:-
Twitter - @iamnicabell
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamNicaBell/123402514472340

cursors change code Elegant Rose - Double Heart