NicaBell Said "CLICK it!"

Friday 14 September 2012

NicaBell Review: Garnier Aqua Defense Non-Stop Intensive Moisturizing Essence

Hello hello!

I am wearing my new sweater at work today! Well wearing or using anything new on you makes yourself happy isn't it? It is a regular thin fabric sweater I bought at Giant Hypermarket in CityMall. It is actually a dark grey color, no button girl sweater and my first sweater of its kind. The fact that it cost me less than RM30 made my wallet happier than myself!

Back to the topic.


Brand: Garnier
Made in: China
Range: Aqua Defence
Skincare Type: Moisturizer/ Moisturizing Essence/ Face Serum
Product contains/weight: 50ml
Main promoted/key/active ingredients: Grape fruit water. antioxidant, Vitamin E.
Claims: Lock in moisture all day while boosts skin's defences against drying elements by building a hydrating barrier.

What it says on the box: The box is in Malay but translate in like this: Heat, pollution, air-conditioning - Skin loose moisture faster than ever. Defend you skin's hydration levels with Garnier Aqua Defence. It's fresh gel texture instantly hydrates skin. The formula enhanced with antioxidant rich, pure fruit water and Vitamin E. 
- Lock in moisture all day. 
- Boosts skin's defences against drying elements by building a hydrating barrier.

Ingredients: AQUA/WATER, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT, DIMETHICONE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, CARBOMER, DIMETHICONOL ,CHLORPHENESIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, VITIS VINIFERA EXTRACT/ GRAPE FRUIT EXTRACT, XANTHAN GUM, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, MENTHOXYPROPANEDIOL, MAGNESIUM GLUCONATE, SODIUM CITRATE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM GLUCONATE, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, CI 19140/ YELLOW 5, CI 42090/ BLUE 1, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, PHENOXYETHANOL (F.I.LB31878/1)

Pricing: RM 19.90

Application: The color is enough to make me say, this must be a light texture kind of moisturizer. And I am right! It is in clear green gel form. Suitable for all skin type - but I doubt for those with super sensitive types. It has a fresh smell, might be too strong for some people, but I love the smell. Remind me of apple green but it is actually exactly smell like apple green. 

I first try on this when I got super dry on my face early last year or around the final quarter of 2010 - result from a Benzoyl Peroxide cream which I found out was too strong for me. Every other moisturizers made my skin burn and itchy till I got my hands on this. I can feel how it penetrates deep into the epidermis. It gives this tingling, cooling and soothing sensation. This moisturizing essence seep so deep into the skin and gradually heals the dryness and itch I had. 

As time past by, I felt that the essence alone is not moisturizing enough for me. I felt that this essence works deep into the skin but did not do much to the surface. So I started using other moisturizer on top of the essence which does such a wonderful moisturizing. Using either one is enough, but when I have done my experiment, combining both is oh-so-great!

I recently mistakenly bought the gel cream instead of the moisturizing essence and use it on top of the essence itself. To my surprise, it works so well with each other. I think that is how it actually work. Work on a small amount of the moisturizing essence (as a facial serum) first after toner, then top it with another thin layer of the gel cream. My skin felt a lot smoother and moisturize even in an air-condition office and room for a whole day and night. 

You only need a small amount of the moisturizing essence to avoid sticky-ness, work 5 dots on the face and do your light patting motion. Face will look dewy but wait 10-15 minutes and it will fully absorb into the skin, it will look less dewy. If you are going to wear makeup, wait for the estimated time as I mentioned before begins you makeup routine. Trust me, applying makeup base or foundation before letting it soak in is not going to help you look pretty at all.

Oily skins peeps should try this because it is a great moisturizing essence. It goes deep into the skin to maintain and hold moisture so your skin won't dehydrate instead of floating on your skin to pile with your sebum. Didn't irritate my acne which I am glad with.

I love that:- 
~ It is light.
~ The tingling, cooling and soothing sensation when apply on my dry area. 
~ Didn't irritate my acne-prone skin
~ Fresh scent
~ Didn't break me out despite.

I dislike that:- 
~ It is in a tub which rises the hygiene issue. But I read some skincare article saying the packaging is determined to protect the effectiveness or the quality of the ingredients. So I do not much complain. Just need to look for a small spatula. 
~ If only they have travel size jar so I can easily take it to anywhere with my hectic here and there daily life. I tried to pack small amount of the essence into a sample jar. But the the sample jar might be a non-air tight kind so the essence will 

Will I purchase it again? Yes. In fact, my current jar is my third or is it the fourth jar? 

I'll give this product 4.5 out of 5 stars. 

Taken from Garnier Facebook Page.


Till then!

xoxo

NicaBell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting my blog peeps! Please leave a comment or two before you go.
I'd like to know what you think about my post and how I can improve my blog.

Be sure to follow me in:-
Twitter - @iamnicabell
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamNicaBell/123402514472340

cursors change code Elegant Rose - Double Heart