NicaBell Said "CLICK it!"

Friday 30 November 2012

NicaBell Review: DHC Salicylic Face Milk

Bye-bye acne, HELLLLOOOO GORGEOUS!

Hah! If my acne ever vanish, I'll be the happiest girl on earth! I always thought that when I turn 21, I'll be out of this hormonal period. But NOOO~ the acne love me so much, it even leave me some 'souvenirs' after their brief visit that I force to remove. Okay, that certainly is my fault. But hey! Don't tell me that you are not secretly enjoy extracting your pimple no matter how gross they look.

So your face is oily and acne are all over your face and you think you don't need moisturizer? That was the same awfully wrong theory I had believed in my teen years. When your skin is lack of hydration and moisture, the skin will produce more sebum/oil to create a layer of barrier so that your skin stays moisturized and protected against germs, dust, etc. That is what I have done since these recent years and found that it is true. My skin does not produce excessive sebum since I start slapping moisturizer on my face.



Brand: DHC
Made in: Japan
Range: Salicylic Acne Series
Skincare Type: Face Moisturizer/ Acne Fighting Moisturizer
Product contains/weight: 60ml
Main promoted/key/active ingredients: Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA)/Salicylic Acid, botanical extract, pantothenic acid
Claims: Moisturize the skin and calms/treats/fight acne at the same time.

What it says on the box: DHC Salicylic Face Milk
- A light textured milk that contains Salicylic Acid, which has an antiseptic effect and a softening effect.
- Forms a film to protect skin.
- Stays on skin with its effective ingredients. Helps to prevent acne and delivers the active ingredients into skin. 
- Helps to prevent sebum from being secreted excessively and helps to prevent acne.
- Helps to prevent skin roughness by its botanical extract and pantothenic acid derivaties.

Ingredients: AQUA, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, SORBITAN STEARATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PPG-12/SMDI COPOLYMER, SALICYLIC ACID, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SUCROSE COCOATE, CETEARETH-20, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, SCLEROTIUM GUM, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF OIL, DIMETHICONE, XANTHAN GUM, PANTHENOL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ROYAL JELLY EXTRACT, SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT, PERILLA OCYMOIDES LEAF EXTRACT, HOUTTUYNIA CORDATA EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT 

Pricing: RM 60++

Application: The texture is medium light or more like milky lotion than milky cream. The smell is medicinal smell, not faint but not too overwhelming as well. It is not oily but quite slippery but it will be not when it is fully absorbed. It is not drying on the skin but it also does not reduce sebum production much. My skin still produce sebum but not as much if I didn't put any. 

I love that it calms the acne but it does not do much to cystic acne. My pores does seem smaller and less blackheads. I still see whiteheads though. Few months back, when I suddenly got super dry skin around my nose and forehead after using the Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser, I use this face milk to calm down the angry dry areas. Which work so well. 

I use this after acne extraction to keep bacteria at bay.

Lol! Don't wory, I own the pic. This is the pic I uploaded in my old blog in wordpress.
Since I do not have the original copy, I just use the old pic and double the watermark with my current blog add^^

I love that:- 
~ the medicinal scent calms me down. Don't get me wrong, I love clinics so.... you get the idea.
~ Calms down angry acne and lessen the blackheads pigment
~ Easily absorbed
~ Product is not oily
~ Smoothen rough dry patches. 
~ Light
~ The small package is easy to carry around.
~ Suitable for combination skin

I dislike that:- 
~ Not hydrating and moisturizing enough.
~ RM 60++ for a 60ml product. That is quite expensive for me but still affordable. But I don't think students could afford this. Unless if the parents have huge bank capacity and full.
~ it lessen the dark pigment of the blackhead, but does not really clear it out.
~ Calms down the acne but not cystic acne.
~ Not so effective to hold excessive sebum production.

Will I purchase it again? Nope, since I have found a better option for moisturizer for myself. Still this is a nice option if you have minimal acne. It is an antibacterial product so anyone with acne problem can consider to try this. 

I'll give this product 3 out of 5 stars. I may not liking it as much, but I am grateful that it have me so save me when I have terribly dry skin awhile back. 

Untill then folks!

xoxo

NicaBell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting my blog peeps! Please leave a comment or two before you go.
I'd like to know what you think about my post and how I can improve my blog.

Be sure to follow me in:-
Twitter - @iamnicabell
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamNicaBell/123402514472340

cursors change code Elegant Rose - Double Heart