NicaBell Said "CLICK it!"

Monday 9 January 2012

NicaBell: What is STIPPLING?

I was thinking to make my review on the M.A.C 187 Duo Fibre brush and I know there are already many reviews out there about it but I just want to make mine too! 

But before that I would like people to understand what stippling actually means! 

The bristles like the skunk brush bristles for example are very fine and stippling with it gives an airbrush finish which is similar to the airbrushing technique; spraying the foundation onto the skin where the small particle of the product forms small dots onto the face. So, tapping/ stippling the foundation onto the skin gives a fine/micro foundation dots. Those fine/ micro dots gives a flawless finish without using too much product.

Many people have misunderstood what stippling is. 

Most people think: 
1. pour/pump the foundation 
2. tap/dip the flat top surface brush on the foundation
3. tap on the surface of the skin 
4. swirl to blend the foundation 

The actuality: 
1. pour/pump the foundation 
2. tap/dip the flat top surface brush on the foundation
3. tap on the surface of the skin
4. and tap tap tap 
5. keep tapping until your face covered with foundation. 

If you tap and swirl, that is not stippling. There are possible for you to get streak marks with that too. 

People who have acne scars, pores, freckles, uneven skin tone and blemishes would definitely fall in love with this technique!

It is a remarkable technique anyone could try. You doesn't necessarily have to own a M.A.C 187 brush. Just a regular but dense flat top brush will do. And make sure it is synthetic because natural bristles tend to absorbs more product! 

Till then! 

xoxo
NicaBell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting my blog peeps! Please leave a comment or two before you go.
I'd like to know what you think about my post and how I can improve my blog.

Be sure to follow me in:-
Twitter - @iamnicabell
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/IamNicaBell/123402514472340

cursors change code Elegant Rose - Double Heart